Sunday, September 18, 2011

"Investment"

This is my first attempt to have a "website" for my cakes, and since creating a site is an overwhelming idea to me, I figured this was a good place to start. All of my cakes are made personally, and many hours of my time will be spent to ensure you have exactly what YOU want! Many ask about cake prices, and I have to explain there are several factors in determining cake pricing- I hope this helps:

- How many are you expecting to feed? I typically figure $2.00 per person. (With some exceptions if you are expecting to feed less than 10)

- Do you want a one-layer (tier) cake, or multiple layers? The more layers (tiers), the more expensive. There is also an additional cost for cakes that requires special cake stands. Either I will purchase one and add the cost to the bill, OR, you may purchase one yourself.

- What kind of icing? I typically use butter cream icing, but can also use royal decorators icing or fondant. Although fondant does not takes as good, it gives the cake a more finished professional touch. Fondant will add to the cost because it is more expensive to purchase/color.

- Any special colors? Most colors I am able to match and mix myself, however, there are a few of the bold colors (Red,Black) that look much better if they are purchased pre-colored.

- Any special details/figures? The details/figures are most often made of fondant, which will add to the cost. (An example of a "figure" would be a rattle or a teddy bear on top of a baby shower cake.)

- Does this cake require delivery? I will deliver cakes (within a reasonable distance) in return for coverage of gas expenses and time. This will be discussed on a case-by-case basis.

I will add prices to the pictures of the cakes I post, to give you a better idea. I can assure you that most of the time my prices are equal to or better than a similar cake purchased from Walmart or Kroger. Why not be sure that you get EXACTLY what you want and know that your cake will be home made and fresh? Contact me for your next special day at katies.cakes@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment